Attention all Irwin Clan Korean War Veterans! I want to thank you for your service . I am a volunteer Ambassador with the DoD KW60 Commemoration Committee and I want to give you a certificate of appreciation for being the patriot that you are, and if you had a loved one at home supporting you during your deployment we can provide them with a certificate thanking them for their support.
All I need is your name, if you wish your branch of service and a mailing address. If a certificate for a supporter is needed the same thing name and mailing address.
I have already presented several hundred here in PA through the American Legion. Please submit me your names. I believe family first, and the extended Irwin Clan is my family too.
Below is more info on the program;
The 2011 Defense Authorization Bill authorized the establishment of theDepartment of Defense 60th Anniversary of the Korean War CommemorationCommittee, (DoD 60th AKWCC). The Committee is dedicated to thanking and honoringall the Veterans of the Korean War, their families and especially those who lost loved ones in that war. During the next three years, the Committee will honor the service and sacrifice of Korean War Veterans, commemorate the key events of the war, and educate Americans of all ages about the historical significance of the Korean War.
The commemorative committee’s programs and activities will work to accomplishthe following objectives.
1. To thank and honor Veterans of the Korean War, including members of theArmed Forces who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action,for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States.
2. To thank and honor the families of Veterans of the Korean War for their sacrifices and contributions, especially families who lost a loved one in the Korean War.
3. To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Korean War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental organizations that servedwith, or in support of the Armed Forces.
4. To pay tribute to the sacrifices and contributions made on the home front by people of the United States during the Korean War.
5. To provide the people of the United States with a clear understanding and appreciation of the lessons and history of the Korean War.
6. To highlight advances in technology, science, and medicine related to militaryresearch conducted during the Korean War.
7. To recognize contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Korean War.